Year 1 2021 - 2022
Mrs Fiona Pulle - Year 1 teacher
I have very much enjoyed working at Brereton for over 15 years and I am delighted to be back in KS1. I love education and relish teaching in a school which embodies Christian values and celebrates how children grow emotionally and spiritually as well as academically. I am interested in the different ways children learn and endeavour to plan creatively using art, drama and storytelling wherever possible.
Welcome to Year 1:
Please have a look at our Welcome to Year One PowerPoint below for more information about our class.
Please see below for our Spring 1 topic web...
Snack and water bottles
- Children may bring in a healthy snack from home. This should be kept in their locker.
- Alternatively, children can purchase toast from the school kitchen. This will be ordered in the morning in class, money will be collected via ParentPay. Toast costs 25p.
- Fruit is freely available at breaktimes.
- Water bottles should be filled and brought into school on a daily basis. They will be sent home to be cleaned and refilled at the end of each day.
- This half term (Spring 1), PE will continue to take place on a Wednesday with MultiFlex. On this day children should come to school in their PE kit.
- All children need to come to school wearing dark shorts, blue polo shirt with school logo, trainers and dark jogging bottoms if cold. Our focus this half term in gymnastics so will take place in the hall.
Reading books will be changed twice per week. This will take place on a Monday and Thursday. Please read every night for at least 15 minutes. Additional age appropriate reading can be found on the Oxford Owl website and/or through the Year 1 recommended reads list which can be found on our class page. Please comment and record when you have read with your child in their planners.
Spellings will be sent out on a Monday. Spellings will focus on the sounds we have looked at in our phonics lessons and common exception words/high frequency words children need to know in Year 1. You can find a list of common exception words for Year 1 in the End of Year One Expectations Booklet on the Year 1 webpage.
In the Spring term (after Christmas) we will send home individual login details for children to access maths work set via MyMaths. These activities will link to the learning taking place in class each week.
Start and End of Day Procedures
- Parents can drop off from 8:35-8:50am (from our class door).
- Once the pupils are inside, they should deposit their belongings into their locker and wash their hands thoroughly for 20 seconds before starting the day.
- At the end of the day, parents can collect from 3:05-3:20pm (from our class door).
- Notes in school planners are the easiest way to communicate with us
- Class Dojo messages
- Pre-arranged appointments
- Parent consultations
- Class Blog – every week
Timetable for Spring 1:
Year 1: News items
There are no News items to display