Year 1 2020-2021
Mrs Fiona Pullé - Year 1 teacher
I have very much enjoyed working at Brereton for over 15 years and I am delighted to be back in KS1. I love education and relish teaching in a school which embodies Christian values and celebrates how children grow emotionally and spiritually as well as academically. I am interested in the different ways children learn and endeavour to plan creatively using art, drama and storytelling wherever possible.
Welcome to Year 1:
Please have a look at our Welcome to Year One powerpoint below for more information about our class.
Please view our Autumn 2 topic web using the link below.
Snack and water bottles
- Children may bring in a healthy snack from home. This should be kept in their locker.
- Alternatively, children can purchase toast from the school kitchen. This will be ordered in the morning in class, money will be collected via ParentPay. Toast costs 25p.
- Fruit is freely available at breaktimes.
- Water bottles should be filled and brought into school on a daily basis. They will be sent home to be cleaned and refilled at the end of each day.
- PE will be mostly taught by class teachers. This half term our PE day will be on Thursday. On this day children should come to school in their PE kit. After half term we will have PE on a Wednesday with a teacher from Multiflex. More details and a reminder will be sent out nearer the time.
- All children need to come to school wearing dark shorts, blue polo shirt with school logo, trainers and dark jogging bottoms if cold. We endeavour to have PE outside as much as possible.
Reading books will be changed twice per week. Please read every night for at least 15 minutes. Additional age appropriate reading can be found on the Oxford Owl website and/or through the Year 1 recommended reads list which can be found on the next page. Please comment and record when you have read with your child in their planners.
Handwriting and spellings will be sent out on a Monday. Spellings will focus on the sounds we have looked at in our phonics lessons and common exception words/high frequency words children need to know in Year 1. You can find a list of common exception words for Year 1 in the End of Year One Expectations Booklet on the Year 1 webpage.
Dojo points are also being rewarded throughout the school day for children's approach to learning.
Start and End of Day Procedures
- Parents can drop off from 8:35-8:50am (from the KS1 corridor).
- Only one parent may drop off and pick up.
- Once the pupils are inside, they should deposit their belongings into their locker and wash their hands thoroughly for 20 seconds.
- Staff will be on hand to take messages for the class teachers.
- At the end of the day, parents can collect from 3:05-3:20pm (from the KS1 corridor).
- Notes in school planners are the easiest way to communicate with us
- Messages via staff on the doors
- Pre-arranged appointments
- Parent consultations
- End of term data reports
- Class Blog – every week
Year 1: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 1: Blog items
Year 1: Gallery items
Year 1: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display